If you plan on making fitness part of your New Year’s resolution, you’ll need to get your hands on some of the best exercise equipment San Francisco fitness stores have to offer. But while your health is certainly worth the investment, you may be a bit short on cash this season. The solution? Put some gym equipment on your wish list so that your friends and family (and Santa Claus) know exactly what to get you this year. Here are some examples of must-have home fitness equipment to include:
- Dumbbells: Whether it’s merely a pair of five-pound free weights or a set of three dumbbells, this equipment can allow you to build strength with just about any exercise routine. By incorporating lifting into your workout, you can more adequately target specific muscle groups and visibly see your gains.
- Treadmill or Elliptical: While cardio isn’t everything, it’s still a necessary component of any successful fitness regimen. Cardio equipment is one of the two main types available, it’s easier to use than trying to follow a workout video. Aside from their intended uses, they can come in handy when you’re trying to build muscle, too. And because the whole family can use them during the winter, they definitely won’t go to waste.
- Yoga Mat: If you like to switch things up by doing some yoga or pilates — or your floors are unforgiving — a yoga mat is key. Doing your sun salutations or your sit-ups will be a lot easier with a bit of cushioning underneath. You can also easily take it with you if you decide to attend a class or want to head outside for a workout.
- Medicine Ball: A medicine ball can be a great way to work on strength exercises or take your moves to the next level. It’s considered to be a home gym staple for good reason — it’s easy to use, lends itself to a lot of different workouts, and helps you see results.
- Mirror and Music: Of course, your gym won’t be complete without the inclusion of high-quality exercise equipment San Francisco residents rely on. But to boost your energy and your awareness, some Bluetooth speakers and a large mirror can make your workouts even better. They’ll both keep you motivated and moving, which are definite musts to reach your goals.
Ready to get started on building your home gym? We’re here to help. Contact us today to learn more.